Monday, June 01, 2009

Toronto Livin'

Wow, the last few months have been a crazy roller-coaster ride - I feel, like Ron Burgundy, that I've been stuck in a "glass-case of emotion." However, now that I'm starting to feel good and much more like myself again, it's time to make a change.

That's why this move to Toronto probably happened at the best possible time. New scenery, new people, new job - it's all very exciting (and slightly overwhelming). I can't say I know what all this will lead to and, for once, I'm not going to sweat it and just enjoy the ride.

I still feel like I'm balancing too much - the thesis has definately took a slide in productivity since I've moved here. But I write all day - the last thing I want to do when I get home is write more. I've gotta keep plugging at it, though, I can't move on professionally until I get this damn thing out of the way.

But for now, I'm just going to enjoy all a summer in Toronto has to offer. So far its been offering a lot of great food, good beer, patio's and lots of nice people. I'm off to a good start! Plus, I get the best of both worlds - I can go home to Dover on the weekends whenever needed. Really, I can't complain.

Anyway, this is going to be short - but I felt like I've been neglecting this thing so bad (again) that I needed to write something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your thesis is your passport to your career. You can get your shots, you can get your new bathing suit, you can book all your hotels and tours, you can stand in line at the airport with everyone else and talk about how exciting the trip will be, but without your passport, they will not let you on the plane and there are no refunds.
Friendly advice from another traveler - get your passport before you book your vacation.